The OU College of Medicine Dermatology Department provides sun safety tips just in time for spring break and the warmer weather!
1. Avoid peak UV sun exposure between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm.
2. Seek the shade.
3. Wear protective clothing (long sleeves and pants), wide-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
4. Apply a broad-spectrum (UVA and UVB) suncreen with at least a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or greater at
least 30 minutes before sun exposure and every 2 hours thereafter.
5. Avoid tanning beds. Instead, use tanless solution and sprays.
6. Examine your skin from head to toe monthly
7. Have a professional skin exam annually by a dermatologist
No Related Content Found